Mail goes to iPad, not to iMac.

Whitehill

Registered
I have an Apple email account, xxxx@mac.com. It dates way back to the .Mac days. Mostly I use it on my desktop iMac machine, but my iPad also sees it. Recently something weird (to me) has begun. Very infrequently, a message appears only on the iPad, not on the iMac. As far as I can tell, the reverse does not happen.

Any ideas why this might happen?

I had something similar go wrong with ours. Soon afterwards the iMac mailbox went blank and I had to do a rebuild. Maybe a rebuild at this stage would cure it?

The iPad and iPhone do not quit the apps when you close them. If you are running iOS 7, tap the home button twice. You will get small windows of what is open. When you swipe up to the top of the screen on one apps window, it will quit the app.

If you quit Mail on the iPad, it should re-adjust itself.

The iPad and iPhone do not quit the apps when you close them. If you are running iOS 7, tap the home button twice. You will get small windows of what is open. When you swipe up to the top of the screen on one apps window, it will quit the app.

If you quit Mail on the iPad, it should re-adjust itself.

Good tip, I did not know this.
I just tried the double-tap, low and behold there were apps running that I had not used in months, er, maybe a year or more.

Back