Mail going absolutely nuts sending old reminders

karavite

Registered
Hi Everyone,

Today I had installed Netflix's Silverlight app to watch some movies on my 27" iMac running 10.5.8. Last night I had installed Developer tools.

Today, after a restart my date/time was set to a date in 2000. On opening date/time it then showed the correct date. Later I started the computer up and Mail with iCal is sending out hundreds (up to 240 now) of old reminder emails (the system date is showing as today). I Force Quit Mail and it immediately starts up again. I got rid of my Mail and iCal prefs, restarted and immediately it starts up again. First the iCal reminder box pops up, then it launches Mail and then there it goes. Force Quit mail and it comes right back to life line in a horror movie.

How can I kill this gosh darn thing. I am running a permission repair with Disk Utilities and it is finding many many permissions to fix. When it is done I will restart. I'm hoping this will help, but any advice appreciated.

Last edited:
After repairing permissions and dumping the prefs things are back to normal. Very strange! Hope it doesn't happen to anyone else. I have no idea what happened.

Back