Mail problem. PLZ Help!

MacLegacy

Unemployed Student!
My friend recently installed(not updated) Mac OS 10.1.0 over Mac OS 10.04 (I think)
Back on 10.04 , he was having a problem with mail, the application would unexpectedly quit whenever he'd move a message from the trash to the inbox, and some messages in other boxes were unreadable (blank).

Now, in 10.1.0 , everything was fine at the beginning.. he started using Itools and then, mail would send infinite copies of messages if he didn't stop it.
I don't really think it has a link with Itools, Idisk more precisely..
I am wondering if the *update* from 10.04 to 10.1.0 would have kept the Mail application bugging, anyone knows? He's on 56k modem btw

Should he reinstall 10.1 completely after a clean formatting?

Thanks for helping!!

p.s: posted the same message on General software support but I thought this forum was more populated!

You may want to try deleting the contents of the Library/Mail folder in the user's home folder. This will wipe all your mailboxes, but may get rid of the bug if there is a self-referencing file in there.
Failing that, try replacing the mail app itself, as it may have been messed with somehow. Then, try re-installing on a clean drive if that doesn't work out.

Ah, thanks for help anyway but I think he found the problem, he had deleted his outbox, so he put it back and says now it works...

I'll get back to you if he has other problems!

Thx for help though

Back