Mail problem

dick

Registered
I am deeply embarrassed to ask this question yet again, for the nth time.

I have had probs with getting mail in Mail, but managed to get mail through my ISP.

I was also confusing myself to distraction (and no-doubt irritating some of you good folk as well). I have messages from people about ports (25, 110, 995) and other settings and frankly they don't make much sense to me months after the last fix.

So! I thought, I will reinstall all the software. When I did, I was relieved to find my settings had been saved. (I actually managed to solve a connect/disconnect by changing my settings to a previously saved lot called - hence I can get thru to you. Yippee!)

Each time I ask Mail (very nicely as you would understand) to get me mail, it asks me to "Enter password for account 'POP account'. The POP server 'mail.tadaust.org.au' rejected the password for user 'dick'".

I have gone into the POP account in Mail preferences and tried to fix but to no avail.

This is probably the fifth time I have asked you good people and right now I am feeling like a Dick With Very Little Brain.

BTW my printer has carked it and I might have to email a friend with your response so he can give me a hard copy.

Thanks again folks

Dick Garner

I have the same problem with Thunderbird off and on. My settings are all correct and I made no changes to anything. I contacted my ISP because my neighbour is having the same problems and she has a PC, same ISP. Sorry to say they are sure the problem is in my computer, although they can't find it. I think it is the server as I get the message "The remote side is not responding" And "Authentication failed" but it will never accept my password when this happens. Check with your ISP.

Back