Mail - Signatures

j.addis

Registered
Hi Everyone

I've got a G4 Imac with OS X 10.4.10 and the Signatures feature in Mail 2.1 is driving me nuts!
I've set up four POP accounts and I want to set my business email with a nice simple logo and text signature for that pro touch. I don't have any problems doing this in the signatures pane in preferences, however when i quit Mail it forgets all about this. The signature is still there but it is no longer assigned to any of the accounts. At the moment, everytime I restart Mail I have to go into preferences and add the sig again.
Any ideas as this is really driving me to distraction

After you create the signature named it, drag the name of it into the leftmost column and drop it on the account you wish to apply it to. Quit and restart mail and you should be able to select the signature in the compose mail window.

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I have exactly the same problem!
Dragging the signatures into an account doesn't work either. Mail just keeps forgetting this.

Which OS version (10.5.5?) are you using? What's Mail.app's exact version? Draggin' signatures to the accounts works fine for me.

Yesterday I found several post on this forum concerning this bug.
I disabled and re-enabled my email accounts in the preferences>accounts>advanced tab and after that dragged the signatures into their respective accounts.
So far, it seems to work!

Back