Mailbox is locked error???

peet

Registered
Ok, if mail is running, every time it goes out to check mail, now I get :
------------------------------------------------------------
Open
The mailbox ~/Library/Mail/Mailboxes/INBOX.mbox is currently locked by USER NAME on host localhost. If you open a mailbox that already is in use, you may damage its contents

<OPEN READ ONLY> <QUIT> <OPEN ANYWAY>
------------------------------------------------------------

Any ideas anyone?

I really can't wait until we have a powerful alternative to Mail.app. It's cute and all, but buggy as all hell.

I like to same all of my emails - at least the ones that aren't junk - in my Read Mail folder. But, my system seems to hang FOREVER when I click on it with it is "Comparing notes with server." How come Entourage or Outlook never had to do that?

Also, I am finding the mail.app is not reliable in terms of routing messages to the correct box. I have my prefs set to save a copy of all messages I sent to the SENT MESSAGES box, but it misses a few here in there! They're all sent by the same account too!

Argh.

jordan

I also used to have this problem, so I had a look in Apple's TIL. The problem is caused by the in-box being accessed by multiple accounts at once.

The solution is to make a separate space for each account so that they each have their own in-box. Go to Preferences and edit each account; under the Account Options tab there's a radio button labelled "Show this account separately in mailboxes drawer". Just click on that for each account that you have and the problem should go away.

Originally posted by IslandJordan
I really can't wait until we have a powerful alternative to Mail.app. It's cute and all, but buggy as all hell.

I like to same all of my emails - at least the ones that aren't junk - in my Read Mail folder. But, my system seems to hang FOREVER when I click on it with it is "Comparing notes with server." How come Entourage or Outlook never had to do that?

Mail.app uses IMAP by default. It is reading the messages off of the server unless you move them to another mailbox that isn't in your Mac.com accounts mailbox.

Back