Major Font Problems

JPigford

I'm awesome...seriously..
I'm having some killer font issues here. I've tried using FontCacheCleaner (aka Font Finagler) with no luck. Either way, stuff like the jumbled text in the attached file are happening all over the place in practically all programs.

Attachments

• fontissue.gif
    fontissue.gif
    11.7 KB · Views: 36
nice photo...

anyway, i had a similar issue a while back. i had to take out all fonts from all font folders (library, user library, system folder) and placed them back in (in sections) to trouble shoot which one it was.

if you use alot of fonts like me (as a graphic/web designer) you might use a font managing app like Suitecase.

Actually I do use Suitcase and have used it's feature to find corrupted fonts but it hasn't done much for me. I have 3,000+ fonts on my system. I'm a bit wary of moving system fonts around though. I'll see about doing that though.

I couldn't quite tell from the GIF file what the font trouble is. If it is that the fonts or most of them are pixelated, then you are most likely missing ATM. ATM is what makes the screen font look sharp. It may and may not be on the system disc. Did you do a reinstall of your system at some time?

its a font conflict. Something you have is conflicting with the fonts in mail. I had this in safari a while back. How many fonts do you have activated? Have you tried disabling all fonts in suitcase and see what happens?

Make sure your core system dfonts are still there in the /library/fonts: (monaco, geneva, lastResort, keyboard, lucidaGrande).

Back