Major G4 problems !!help!!

Krisneph

Registered
Okay I was trying to use OS X on one of the G4's from school...
So like I do at home I booted into OS X ...now it should have installed already but appearently it wasn't...
So the computer petty much would not start and we had to reinstall everything...
Okay so it worked fine for like two days and now it won't reconize the keybord the CD-RW drive the Zip Drive and the extension files are missing I connot do a software update and i cannot go online from there...
Now that's not even my station and it's not my fault it didn't have OS X

What the hec is wrong

How can I open the CD-RW drive Manualy
so I can try to reistall software the extensions are missing and it won't spit out the Zip

Originally posted by Krisneph
How can I open the CD-RW drive Manualy
so I can try to reistall software the extensions are missing and it won't spit out the Zip

Paper clip. If it's a graphite colored G4, pull down the cdrom door and stick the paper clip in the little hole probably under the cdrom drive tray. If it's a Quicksilver, pull down the cdrom drive door and look around the bottom middle for a hole where a paper clip would fit.

it's I quicksilver tower u can't do that but I tried to go to ten again and i get a blue screen what do I do software intall cd or software restore

You can in the Quicksilver. It's just not as obvious. On my 867, the hole is around the hinge of the drive door.

I'm now trying software intall when i clicked on it it said it already has os 9.2.1 so i hit reintall
is that gonna work and after its finished do i restart?

I intalled OS 9.2.1 but when i try to eject the disc it says"the start up disc cannot be removed from the desktop because it contain the active system software"

Restart your system and keep tapping the eject key on your k/b, your sysem should eject in a mo.... or just ram a paper clip in the hole behind the cd door...
trush me there is always a hole.

To eject a CD during startup, hold down the mouse button. I don't know if it opens a CD tray even if it's empty though.

Back