Major Problems on an iMac SE DVD

CalSD

Registered
HELP - installed firmware 4.1.7 and wonder if this is causing problems! Installed correctly on my Powerbook! The spinning color wheel takes forever to appear and can not make it to the installer anymore. Only got to the installer once and had problems causing me to abort. Second time had problems to! Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I installed the firmware update on my DV-SE 500 with no problems. However just to be safe I rebooted into 9.1 first, installed the update and then rebooted 9.1 again. The update installed just fine. Were you in 9.1 when you installed the firmware update? Did you have your boot disk set to your 9.1 disk? I suspect that the firmware installer doesn't like OSX.

I have a G4 / bi / 500 / 640 Mo I had no problem with the OS X beta installation on the same machine last september ! I wonder if this is not related with the 4.1.8f15 firmware update.

I can't boot from the OS X installation CD ! " The spinning color wheel takes forever to appear and can not make it to the installer anymore. " I tried on 2 different OS X CDs if any scratch was the cause but it didn't work either...

I can boot from the 9.1 installation CD with no problem... What can I do to install OS X on my G4 ?

Back