make LOVE not SPAM

didde

Registered
Lycos Europe has released a campaign through which people can work proactively against SPAM by attacking the idiots using it for marketing - all through a downloadable screensaver.

What do you guys think? Is this just lots of unnecessary traffic or might this be the way to go if we want to stop this once and for all?

Interesting!

Wow. Well, it certainly an interesting strategy. Might be worth a shot. I'm actually worried about the legallity of it all, and, though I am not a Lycos fan or anything, how absurd would that be if they got sued by one of these servers?

I like the attitude of the campaign. Beat them with their own weapons (critical mass). Rather than discussing this campaign's legality, we should discuss even _more_ aggressive campaigns against spammers. I think the world's governments should more actively go after spammers, since they reduce productivitiy and actually hurt the economy...

Am wondering how much traffic it will cause. I am using VoIP over my regular phones and don't want it to slow down too much. Am using 768/128 DSL.

Back