make my day and reply to this post! PLEASE!!!

jozo

Registered
Right okay sorry for posting so many threads but if anyone knows this, and tells me I will be so happy.

Does anyone know how to have a hotmail account in Mac OS Xs Mail app???????

It gets *VERY* annoying having to log in to hotmail the whole time.

PLEASE HELP.

I'M ON MY KNEES

Joe

(PLEASE)

You can't. Blame Bill effing Gates. M$ has set Hotmail up so that the only way you can access it off-web is with OE or Entourage (M$ products).
:mad: :mad: :mad:

I suggest looking into a mac.com e-mail account. Every Mac user gets one free with iTools.

See www.apple.com/itools for more info. It's a standard pop3/imap/smtp account so you can use it with anything.

Originally posted by jozo

It gets *VERY* annoying having to log in to hotmail the whole time.

Joe

(PLEASE) [/B]

It got *very annoying* for me to log in to hotmail and deal with six thousand spam messages daily, so I dumped hotmail and used my mac.com address. And he lived happily ever after. . . . Plus, I relieved myself of using M$ email products.

Homer

Homer, so you don't get spam-mail anymore, or has the Mail-program very advanced filter? I mean does it filt well all the spam? I have used some filters with a various programs, and the just dun work!

Oh well, it's probably because no stupid spammers try that mac.com email address, not because it's better than hotmail. I haven't tried filtering anything because I haven't needed it yet. However, hotmail's bulkmail thing was absolutely worthless. I have a feeling that the more I use the mac.com address, the more I'm going to be plagued by spam. :mad:

But for now, everything's hunky-dory. :)

I have a Hotmail account -- it's for trash mail. I get about 50-100 messages a day in that account, and not one of them was solicited email. I have a Yahoo account, which is turning into another trash account. (Yahoo's spam filter isn't any better than Hotmail's, btw) I started setting up filters on my Yahoo account (no more "Make a million dollars a week!" messages) but found that Yahoo only supports 15 filters.

I'm convinced that the more often you use an email account, the more likely it is to become spam-central-station. My mac.com account gets no spam. Neither did my local ISP acount, since I was using Yahoo at the time.

But at least I can make filters for Mail.app when I need to...

hotmail... ugg!

Why use it?

There are hundreads of FREE web-based email providers. Most of them are not controlled by M$.

Also, there are tons of free pop/imap providers, that will work with mail.app.

SO WHY USE A WEB-BASED M$ CONTROLLED SPAM'D MAIL ACCOUNT?!?!

ps: did we make your day?

Mac.com email is the way to go. You should be able to forward your hotmail email to your mac.com address but you would get all the spam you got before. I suggest gritting your teeth and just sending the people you know two messages. One from hotmail warning that you will be switching accounts so if they have filters on they can still receive it (I had that problem with some people and they never got my message). Then the second one from @mac.com to make it easy on them and they can just click "Add to Adresses".

I get about 80 spam messages a day at my hotmail account, and every other day one of them is from Microsoft with the friendly reminder that for a measly 20$ a month I can have unlimited email space.

I have gotten no spam at my mac.com account either, but I started to get plenty at hotmail before I got rid of it. Microsoft probably sells your email address to the highest bidder.

just a thought... ;)

-the valrus

Back