Manhattan 10.1 update availability

eastsider

Registered
Hey guys -- can all of you who live in nyc please report here wherever you are able to pick up the CD Saturday morning? I'm going upstate and I won't be back until Sunday, so I'm kinda worried (ok scared to death) that everyone will have "sold" out of it by then. Apparently the midtown compusa will have it and won't have it depending on who you talk to, and the same goes for circuit city. I stepped into the Union Sqare cc yesterday and couldn't find 10.0, let alone 10.1. And then there's the non-chain stores around town that are Apple oriented. Anyway drop notes here please. Thanks!

Originally posted by eastsider
And then there's the non-chain stores around town that are Apple oriented. Anyway drop notes here please. Thanks!

There is one on 5th across from (near) the NY Public Library. Not sure if they have any though. Unfortunately, I won't be able to confirm Comp USA on 5th until Sunday afternoon.

This is what I know about availability:

- The CompUSA on 5th does not have it. The Apple rep on site's (there are two at that store. I spoke with a short guy with glasses) an idiot and claimed noone on the East Coast would have it today.

- Datavision on 5th said that they ought to have it, but couldn't find it in the stockroom. Said to call back this afternoon. They're collecting upgrade coupons.

- Digital Society said they would have it. You also need to have an upgrade coupon or sales receipt.

- Tekserve has it (that's where I got my copy). Said they had a crowd, so you should probably call before going down to see if they have any left.

- The Wiz on Union Square said they would be doing the upgrade program, but hadn't received any disks yet (this was yesterday).

- Circut City on Union Square said they would have upgrades around 2:00 today, but would only be giving them to people who bought a computer.

Originally posted by justinkim
This is what I know about availability:

- The CompUSA on 5th does not have it. The Apple rep on site's (there are two at that store. I spoke with a short guy with glasses) an idiot and claimed noone on the East Coast would have it today.

- Datavision on 5th said that they ought to have it, but couldn't find it in the stockroom. Said to call back this afternoon. They're collecting upgrade coupons.

- Digital Society said they would have it. You also need to have an upgrade coupon or sales receipt.

- Tekserve has it (that's where I got my copy). Said they had a crowd, so you should probably call before going down to see if they have any left.

- The Wiz on Union Square said they would be doing the upgrade program, but hadn't received any disks yet (this was yesterday).

- Circut City on Union Square said they would have upgrades around 2:00 today, but would only be giving them to people who bought a computer.

Would you mind telling me where Tekserve is?

Originally posted by putamare
I got mine @ CompUSA on 5th at around 12:30. They had plenty.

Thanks. Now I know where to go tomorrow. They had told me they would have it, but that guy with the glasses told justinkim that they wouldn't. Thanks for the info, justinkim - I'll stay away from that guy. Hopefully they'll still have some at 1:00 Sunday afternoon.

The glasses guy at the 5th Ave CompUSA said they had plenty of the retail packages, but none of the upgrade packs.

Of course, this guy came off as something of a moron, so I'm not inclined to take anything he said as gospel ;)

Originally posted by justinkim
The glasses guy at the 5th Ave CompUSA said they had plenty of the retail packages, but none of the upgrade packs.

Of course, this guy came off as something of a moron, so I'm not inclined to take anything he said as gospel ;)

I was at the 5th Ave CompUSA this morning... I saw the full version... but they said FedEx was late with the free ver.
( wonder if I ran into anyone here? )

Took the train to TekServe on 23rd and 7th they just handed me one just as I came through the door...

:D

using it now at home in CT...

At 3pm CompUSA was out of disks at 5th Ave. Apple rep said that Datavision across the street didn't get their FedEx delivery, so they will get theirs on Monday.

Apple rep gave an upgrade (or Full install?) pack no questions asked at Tekserve at 4pm.

-KB

Back