manual ipsec config

LordCoven

Registered
Hi,

I want to set up a host -> network ipsec configuration with certificates with the host being an OS X machine and the network a win2k nw with netscreen VPN. I've been pouring over the free bsd ipsec manuals and all other scraps of information that I could find .... but to no avail so far.

Hence: has anyone else managed to configure ipsec with certificates manually on an OS X box??

Any hints or tips would be appreciated.

C

Well - I'm slowly getting to grips with the racoon stuff, required certificates and the setkey stuff ... you never know - perhaps I'll have it working soon. If so, I'll post some more info here :)

C

Looks promising, but from what I saw in the posts they don't support certificates yet. And that's exactly my problem :( ... I've tried VersionTracker, and liked it, but again - no certificates.

I've been playing with the openssl command line tool since my last post, and I think I have my certs in the right format and in the right place for racoon to be able to read them. I've also re-read the racoon.conf man page about four times, and think my config is set up correctly ... but I haven't yet had time to test it all. And won't have time the rest of this week either :( ... ah well, perhaps next week, eh?

C

PS: Thanks again for the link :)

Back