master account trouble

asoprs

Registered
I have a 14' macbook with os x 10.5 on it. Lately my master account hangs when you log in. Sometimes at the background screen, sometimes the finder loads but won't let you do anything, and it can hang anywhere in between.

I have searched this and other forums and have tried many things:

disk repair/permissions/ etc.
delete caches
delete plist files
archive reinstall
etc.

nothing seems to work. other accounts work ok.

At this point I am ready to wipe the disk and start over. However, that master account controlls my itunes for my ipod. I have backed up the disk. Is there a way after a complete reintall to restore my itunes library for my old ipod?

or better yet, any other ideas to fix my master acct.

thanks

tom

Well if you want to save your iTunes then unplug it (hopefully you put you whole iTunes Library on it). Put the NEW hard drive (to be safe) and do a fresh install and then use a program like Senuti. The important thing is not to launch iTunes before attaching it to shut off erasing iPods when attached. Plus turn off (for now) to have iTunes launch when it is attached. Then attach the iPod and then launch Sentui and run the copy back to your Mac. Then after that is done quit the program amd mosey to /Users/YourUserName/Music/) and make sure the data went there. Then lastly you can launch iTunes and associate it to the new Library.

Back