Matrix Revolutions

So, who has seen the new Matrix movie? What did you think of it? Was it what you expected? Better or worse than the others? Please, no spoilers for those who have not seen it yet (and if you must mention a spoiler, add a BOLDED warning.

Personally though, I loved it. Although, neither it or Reloaded can come close to the complexity or originality of the first (IMHO).

I haven't seen it yet... I intend to as soon as I can, though.

I watched the Animatrix for the first time recently... does quite a bit to explain more parts of the Matrix universe, I must say!

Yeah, especially The Second Renaissance Parts 1 & 2. Those really filled in a lot of the origins of the Matrix. I also thought Kid's Story was good... although since I am an idiot, it took me a while to realize who the kid was. I can't say the rest of the Animatrix (well, expect for Final Flight of the Osiris) was really at all that necessary to the movies, but still the majority of them told a good story I thought.

I haven't watched it, but i've watched all the others...including the animatrix...which filled a giant void and made it a lot easier to comprehend. The matrix was the first movie in years that actually made me think about things in a deeper perspective....kind of like acid, lmfao...except without the hallucinations. ;)

I'll go watch it ASAP :)

Oh definitely, only the first 3 animated shorts explained anything relevant to the storyline, but the rest were cool as well, and things that might or might not have happened in "reality."

How did you not know who the kid was?

Great, now you've introduced all these doubts into my mind. The kid was the main character dude, who got in trouble and skated away and all that, right? Because if I'm wrong, my head's going to explode.

WHAT??? Revolution is in the cinemas over there?? I thought they were planing to launch it at the same time all around the world! HEY! This is not fair! You guys are cheating. I gotta wait till
OMG! .. yesterday! :D
LoL! Ok, go over this post. I forgot the premiere was yesterday at 11o'clock local time. :D
:blush:

I saw it.

Don't see it.

For the love of god don't see it. If you do see it, leave when you see the giant face thing that was in the trailer. The first hour or so was pretty good (better than Reloaded anyway), but once the Neo - Smith(s) fight scene starts, it all goes downhill. The fight looked downright stupid and the ending, well, I almost cried. And not because the ending was sad. Because the ending was so stupid.

Think Star Wars Episode 1.

I was hoping for the brain-job this was made to be, and found just a lot of action...I have more questions after seeing it than I had before seeing it...

I can't wait to see it. I'm a crazed Matrix fan! And I really need to find out how it all ends. Hopefully my Mum will buy tickets today!!!

God, you guys spoiled my (pleasant) anticipation!
Anyway, will be watching it on saturday. Don't care what you guys think about it. Pah ;)

Yeah, I am still going to see it on Sunday. I had to wait for an English version. My German is okay but not good enough for that.

Revolutions in my opinion was very awesome for a few reasons:

#1. It helps you understand the whole matrix and clears everything up. Such as in The Animatrix....the boy in there who frees himself is the 16 year old in the military in the matrix: revolutions

#2. Creepy. Anyone who saw the Animatrix probably agrees that the whole 2nd Renisaaince thing is very disturbing. Seeing the APUs come back in Revolutions lead the foreshadowing and seeing the General's face ripped apart is kinda gross.

#3. Little interesting things. Like the machine city and what goes on in the earth above ground. Also when they go above the clouds and see the sun and sky (by the way, Trinity's eyes would have been hurtin if she saw the sun for the first time)

#4. Agent Smith and Neo. Nuff said.

#5. A few very cool battle scenes. One I didnt remember until a few hours later...like 15 minutes into the movie where they enter the nightclub....and the bouncers run around on the ceiling and they all look a tad-bit creepy...very cool.

Overall, Revolutions is probably the 2nd best matrix. I enjoyed it throughly and am dissapointed the Matrix Trilogy is essentially over. However if you go and watch the first matrix, watch matrix: reloaded, go play and beat the video game enter the matrix, go watch the entire animatrix, mess around on the official matrix website.....THEN FINALLY see matrix: revolutions...you're in for a treat and unforgettable...ness.

MikeXpop: I'll agree they could have been more... imaginative on the ending. But it wasn't that bad... IMHO anyway. It appears there are many who disagree with me though. I did think Revolutions was far better than Reloaded though.

Arden: Lol. Sorry. I was just a moron and didn't realize that he was the character in Reloaded.

What a sad and pitiful ending to a great Epic Film. I agree with MikeXpop. Leave after you see the big face. I was left with more questions and disappointment. It shouldn't end the way it does. All that remains are questions. QUESTIONS i tell you!! QUESTIONS!! I am so tired of the QUESTIONS! I NEED SOME ANSWERS...some finality! Which this movie does not really provide.

The third movie felt to 'rushed' to me, I left the theatre with mixed feelings, trying to decide whether or not I liked the way things turned out or not.

Right now, I'll have to say that it is my least favorite of the 3, with the original being my all time favorite.

I'll go see it again in a couple of weeks, and see if I can get any different feelings about the movie, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Back