Max Ram PB Wallstreet 233?

resglowing

Registered
I know the "official" limit of a PB G3 Wallstreet is 192 or 160 depending on who you ask. But has anyone had experience installing more - say 512!

I found this on http://www.macsales.com

256MB PC100 CL2 SO-DIMM Low-Profile for PowerBook G3 Series Wallstreet(1998), Lombard(1999), iMac 233/266/333. Lifetime Warranty. Allows up to 512MB! Works in LOWER and upper slot! (OWC100SO256168L)

According to MacTracker your book can take up to 512 MB. You have two so-Dimm slots. Just make sure they are 10ns minimum.

I'm running my wallstreet with 512M without any problems. Just make sure when you buy it that the dimm i short enough to fit. One of the two 256 should be shorter than usual, cause regular 256 are longer.

I have heard all the specs that say the wallstreet should have no problem running 512. I actually have a short 256 and a long 128. I added the 128 long ago, and fairly recently got the short 256 to replace the original short 32.

Check out transintl, they seem to keep track of how much RAM you can put in a Mac.

theed,

just wanted to tell that i'm running 512mb on my WS,no problems whatsoever,go for it ram is good.

techie

I would, but my real problem is that my batteries seem to be toast, so my powerbook has been implemented as an ethernet attached stereo component. Remote mp3 to audio for my kickin' living room stereo. Everyone needs a computer in the living room. You don't know what you're missing till you've tried. You know when you're watching a movie and someone says "What movie was he in?" You can look it up and actually get an answer. Geeky, sure, but more fun than arguing about things that nobody really knows anyway.

If it played DVD's I'd use it as my DVD player too, but it doesn't. If it still had battery life I might take it out on the read and stuff. It still compiles my little app projects just fine. But since it needs to stay plugged in, it's tethered in as a properly colored stereo component. As an iTunes player, 384 Meg is ... um ... plenty. And rendezvous let me stop running my own DNS server. And Internet sharing let me remove one homebrew script from my startup list. Yay 10.2! When's the auto finding of another computer's mp3's vie iTunes and Rendezvous supposed to see the light of day?

I'll keep the 512 in mind, but I have other purchases are far more likely to increase the productivity of that powerbook.

Back