Maximize

wizzard

Registered
Hi,

I have a question if my programs are maximized in MAC OSX 10.2 i always have some space left on the bottom and left and right size can i not maximize it to a full screen. Another question i was always using Windows xp is there not something in Mac OSX like right mouse click to see properties i have an pro mouse?

Cheers
Kris

About the maximising --> In Mac OS, the maximise means that the window will go as big as the program thinks you need. Fore example, in Internet Explorer, it won't go full screen, because a standard web page will only show the sizes it maximises to. Same goes for Word. It took me a while to get used to when I switched to Mac OS.

Properties --> do you mean of a file? When you either right click, or control click on an icon and it pops up the menu, the 'properties' is the Get Info... command.

For the rightclick i mean in a program like you have in windows you click on the right button you see properties like cut,copy,paste,... in macosx i don't see this.

Thanks for the info about the maximize:)

wizzard,

The "right-click" on a mac is accomplished with a "control+click". Any option(s) that appear would be the only ones available to you.

I would also suggest you purchase a two button mouse, I was a bit turned off by them until I was forced to use them at work.

I liked it so much I purchased a Logitech two-button mouse with a scroll button. It's a laser mouse that has imporved my productivity 10 fold.

I still use key commands for copy and past though.

Back