MBP Leopard Bat Loadcycles

drewsof

Registered
Apple just replaced my defective MBP battery with Random Shutdown Syndrome and in Tiger i only managed to get 5 loadcycles before upgrading to Leopard. Since upgrading, the loadcycles have not changed when plugged into AC, but are actually DECREASING to 4 and 3 when unplugged... According to CoconutBattery, i have 5392 mAh out of orig 5500. I regularly drain my computer to about 20% in class, and a loadcount is logged when you deplete to somewhere around 70% and recharge if i remember correctly. I guess this may help if I ever have problems with my battery, with their 300 loadcount guarantee, but its still annoying. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

-drewsof

Apple just replaced my defective MBP battery with Random Shutdown Syndrome and in Tiger i only managed to get 5 loadcycles before upgrading to Leopard. Since upgrading, the loadcycles have not changed when plugged into AC, but are actually DECREASING to 4 and 3 when unplugged... According to CoconutBattery, i have 5392 mAh out of orig 5500. I regularly drain my computer to about 20% in class, and a loadcount is logged when you deplete to somewhere around 70% and recharge if i remember correctly. I guess this may help if I ever have problems with my battery, with their 300 loadcount guarantee, but its still annoying. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

-drewsof

1 load cycle is using EXACTLY 100% of the battery (all at once, or over several charge-discharge cycles). Not "around 70%"... it's EXACTLY 100%.

http://www.apple.com/batteries/

I have also found coconutBattery to be inaccurate under Leopard -- it always claims that my battery is "charging" even when it's not, and since my clean install of Leopard, coconutBattery has reset my load count to 1... strange, since System Profiler reports accurate information.

In short, you may not be getting the most accurate results with coconutBattery under Leopard... you should check System Profiler for more exact numbers.

Back