MBP tries to sync to iMac account. How to stop?

tenjin

Registered
Hi,

Any idea how to stop my Macbook Pro from trying to sync iCal etc. with a .Mac account?

I don't have a .Mac account, but I get the sync icon in the top status bar anyway.

Is there a way to turn that off?

Cheers

D.

Go to System Preferences->.Mac pane and click on it's tab to see if anything is checked marked to sync with .Mac.

I have just started seeing the same thing. I had originally turned this off from showing in the Top Menu bar. Now when I go to the .MAC preferences, there is no check box. The only thing that I can do is to sign into .MAC which my trial has expired. Now it seems that there is no way to turn off.

Would be interested to see what others are seeing here. This just started in the last week or so. Maybe in conjunction with my expiration date.

--Mick

Well there is a place in iCal to check. Just op iCal and then open iCal's Preferences to make sure there is not a check mark in "Synchronize my calendars with other computers using .Mac".

Great idea...Unfortunately, for me, it said that my .MAC preferences were not set. I didn't think they were but I certainly had not looked there until now.

Tenjin...Was yours set?

Thanks for the idea.

--Mick

If none of these things help you could try the old tried and true Mac trouble shooting, delete preferences. Go to /YourHardDrive/Users/YourUserName/Library/Preferences/ and delete the files com.apple.iCal.plist, com.apple.desktop.plist & com.apple.desktopservices.plist . Then restart, this may help.

Back