MCSE for Macs?

Would you become MCSE certified to make more money so you could buy more Mac stuff?

• Absolutely!

• I'd think about it.

• No way.

• Die, you traitor!!!!!!!

Results are only viewable after voting.

ebolag4

Fundamentalist whack-job
OK, now that I've gotten your attention with the thread subject line, here's my question.

How many of you would become MCSE certified in order to land a higher paying job in order to be able to buy more and better Mac stuff?

I'm seriously thinking about it.

Maybe at Gunpoint.

No, I wouldn't. It's a stupid certification that Microsoft pratically hands out. It's a fake degree they made to help spread their monopoly and get more people educated in going The Windows Way(tm). Your average MCSE would never consider going with open software or even closed mac software for that matter.

Stay clean. Say no to drugs. Check into Linux certifications, I belive RedHat has a nice one, and I think Mandrake even has a FREE one that's official. Check into it, it'll be worth it.

From what I've heard, Apple will have a high end OS X Server cert in a few months, probably to go with the new rack mounts.

Whatever you do, stay away from Microsoft exams.

Can I retract my vote? I voted ABSOLUTELY!

I thought MSCE was something to do with Macs! Not Microsoft!

What is the Certification for Macs called?!

What about good ol' capitalist pig tendencies? Since MCSE is one the most demanded certs. in the IT field, it would make me more marketable than one of the other certs mentioned. I'd love to get OS X certified, but what can it really do for my career. What demand is out there for OS X certified techs.

Also, keep in mind that I will not stop being a Mac user nor stop being Mac centric. Could someone who is "Mac-minded" be a better MCSE? I think they could.

Um, I think a Linux cert will help you just as much, if not more than a MCSE. You get more from it in the long run.

I'd only get a MCSE if my company pays for the training. I have VERY little respect for MCSE's because it's a totally worthless certification. I know too many "certified" IT people who have no idea what they are doing. I have a friend, because his company would pay for te training and give him a raise for any MS certification, went on a "certification spree". He got certified in practically every MS category, and he has NEVER used any of the technologies! So now he is a certified SQL Server admin and he has never used a database in his life!

Utterly ridiculous.

BTW... It's been shown over and over again that certification does little for your chances in getting hired if you don't have the experience to back it up. Talk to any IT recruiter.

Originally posted by BlingBling 3k12
Can I retract my vote? I voted ABSOLUTELY!

I thought MSCE was something to do with Macs! Not Microsoft!

What is the Certification for Macs called?!
LOL!!!

Mac's are so easy to use that you don't need Certification.

...you only need to be certifiable to NOT use one...

Back