MD5, Crypt and GnuPG... don't work

lashampoo

Registered
Hi, my Mac OS X works fine with Apache, MySQL, PHP and Sendmail turned on.

But since yesterday I just discovered that the Crypt() function does not work under PHP, the MD5 function does not work in the Term.app and GnuPG works but can't crypt or decrypt files...

On Mac OS 10.0.4 all these functions worked fine. I could generate a secret key with GnuPG and crypt and decrypt files. I could use the crypt function in PHP, and the MD5 function worked fine in the Term.app

Since then I updated to Mac OS 10.1 and build Apache, PHP and MySQL and FreeType, GD LIb with the latest versions using ApacheSuperScript.

Now, when I use the MD5 function on small files in the Term.app I get an error : «Bus error» But on big files I get the error «md: file "ezgpg1.0.6r3.tar.gz" tooo big for IObuffer»

Now, when I use the CRYPT function in a PHP script, I get the error: «crypt() is not supported».

Now, when I use the crypt and decrypt functions with "gpg" in the Term.app window I get scrambled symbols on the screen.

I think all these errors are related to the same problem. How can I get all this to work ? Does anyone have the same problem ?

Originally posted by lashampoo
Now, when I use the MD5 function on small files in the Term.app I get an error : âBus errorŽ But on big files I get the error âmd: file "ezgpg1.0.6r3.tar.gz" tooo big for IObufferŽ

Which program are you running here? From that error, it looks like the program 'md' which, according to its source code, updates makefile dependencies. The only way to do MD5 that I know of on a default Mac OS X install is openssl md5 filename.

Originally posted by lashampoo
Now, when I use the crypt and decrypt functions with "gpg" in the Term.app window I get scrambled symbols on the screen.

How are you running gpg to encrypt/decrypt? I have no problems with either gpg --symmetric filename or gpg --encrypt --recipient someone@domain.com filename.

Thanks blb, you were right. I didn't know it. To perform a md5 filename I have to type openssl md5 filename and it works.

For GPG, that's very strange. It came from my keyboard. Since 10.1.1 my keyboard reacts differently.

To change that I had to log as root in the Mac OS X boot panel. Then the GPG programm worked fine as well as the crypt/decrypt function. I copied the .gnupg repertory in my user repertory and did a chown.

It sounds like the coding between the Term.app user interface and the Unix programm does not works anymore when used as a classic user. Have you an idea ?

For the crypt() function in PHP, it may be a different problem.

Have you rebuilt or installed a newer build of gpg since upgrading to 10.1? I'm wondering if something did change; I did rebuild mine after 10.1 (to take advantage of /dev/random) so that could be why I didn't see any problems.

Back