Mendacity is rampant

One point that the writer didn't make was that Apple did not use the 3.2GHz Pentium4 , using the faster FSB and higher end chip set in it's comparisons. This was available the same day as the G5 release. This'll probably come later this year when the industry rags and consumer magazines do their own benchmarking/bake-offs with real systems people can buy.

Originally posted by malexgreen
One point that the writer didn't make was that Apple did not use the 3.2GHz Pentium4 , using the faster FSB and higher end chip set in it's comparisons. This was available the same day as the G5 release. This'll probably come later this year when the industry rags and consumer magazines do their own benchmarking/bake-offs with real systems people can buy.
Just exactly where was Veritest supposed to get the 3.2 GHz Pentium 4 when it ran the benchmarks?

Originally posted by arden
There's really no excuse for not optimizing software to the umpteenth degree, but that doesn't stop the software companies.

Yes there is - "optimizing to the umpteenth degree" costs money. Lots of money - money that the company will seek to recoup by taking out higher prices. Thus, one often-overlooked fact regarding "bloat" is that bloat allows software companies to cut development costs and time - something that brings real benefits to consumers.

Real benefits at the cost of quality? Please, give me my quality!

I watched that entire keynote, and now I really want a G5 with Panther! I said before that the G5 was ugly, and I officially am retracting on that statement. I would love one of those machines gracing my desk.

Back