Menu Blinking

thedbp

Frantic Messenger of Hope
I figured it out - the one part of the UI that makes OS X feel slow sometimes, and I can't believe it never occured to me sooner.

I hate menu blinking. At this point, I think I know what I chose. And if I missed it, I'll soon find out. This is a chance I'm willing to take. So I turn off menu blinking, because it makes my G3 scream just ever so slightly louder.

But I can't excise this annoying behavior from Aqua. I just can't. And its really getting on my last nerve.

If anybody knows how I can disable this, please please tell me. If it can't be done, as devastating as that would be, please also pass the word along.

Thanks!

zjd

I wholeheartedly agree. From what I've read thus far, Applications in OS X manage their own menus. Which makes certain hacks, which were possible in classic, impossible in OS X, such as a utility to modify the command key options for menu items. Personally, I really think Apple should be giving the user much more configurability in the UI, since it is so powerful, and at the same time, so much more than some people really need, or even want.

This is the time, before OS X is really well adopted by the community, for Apple to listen their customers and understand that what they want is the same good ol' hackable Mac OS they've come to love and understand over the last however many years they've been using it.

Back