Menu Items

AppMan, you're missing the AirPort indicator (if you have an AirPort card)! And the iSync menu extra, too!

*ahem* *cough* *cough*

oh really... :D

here are mine from right to left:
• popchar (small icon on the corner) - provides a window with all characters for a font (makes selecting fünké characters easier)
• menulator - inline menubar calculator - This is my absolute must-have menu extra
• menu calendar - drop down month view calendar. nothing fancy, all it does is show the current date and let you browse the months. once you start using this you'll wonder how you ever lived without it!
• fuzzy clock - time in engligh (and many other languages). you can also customize certain time periods with custom messages. :cool:
• apple's clock in analog mode
• classic spy - shows classic's status and lets you launch/quit/forcequit classic
• apple's script menu - extremely handy if you have scripts (for me finder file renaming scripts) you use all the time
• iAddressX - provies all addressbook entried in a browsable menu (also includes recently used submenu which after a little while is used 80-90% of the time). you can also select an email and have a new message to that email show up in mail, or select a phone number and dial it via bluetooth cell phone, or simply copy the information to the clipboard, paste it at the insertion point or display it in large type (like the bluetooth called ID) - this is my third most indispensable menu extra
• apple's monitor menu extra
• apple's sound volume menu extra
• SoundOut - sound output menu extra - lets me quickly switch between any available sound output devices (I switch between the soundsticks and the iMic - connected to wireless headphones - on a daily basis) This is my second must-have menu extra
• SoundOut - sound input menu extra - part of the soundout package. does the same thing with sound input devices
• searchling - the best web search toolbar out there. the new version has a hotkey so that I hit cmd-opyion-/ and the form pops up in the middle of the screen. you can search many resources: google, google mac, google news, etc. IMDB.com, versiontracker, ebay, dictionary.com (includes thesaurus search). also, if you have the dev tools you can add more sites to search (I added froogle). this is definitely another must-have menu extra
• mical - calendar menu, it shows the current date (yeah MacWorld is today!) and a drop down menu of all calendar events (from the calendars you specify no less!) for the current date (events that have come and gone are greyed out)
• WheatherPop - current weather conditions icon and temperature. menu has more detailed info and a 5 day broadcast
• MoonMenu - current phase of the moon (weather pop does this, but only during the day and only if conditions are clear). the menu has detailed lunar info

and, of course the funiest one of them all....
• HomeLand Alert - Displays the Homeland Security Office's current threat level color in a very nice Aqua widget (it's been yellow ever since I downloaded the software!) :D

I guess that's about it (for now)

BTW: I recorgined all your menu extras except for the push pin one. Can you tell me what it does?

Attachments

• picture 2.jpg
    picture 2.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 47
AppMan,
what apps are the fifth and sixth icons from the left?
The icon with MBs and the one with KB/s.

Seems to be a transfer monitor and i'd like to have it too.

Thank you.
It works, great.
:)

Do u know if there's an app that show me how many MBs I have downloaded/uploaded?

Those things are just awsome, where can i get em!? Did you guys make your own or download em? If you made em was it hard?

Back