Menus in 10.2 Mail

laguila

http://www.5th-Sun.com/
I just upgraded to 10.2 and everything works great EXCEPT that the Menu in Mail doesn't work for me (along with most of the icons on the toolbar) and I can't create new messages. I can get by for a few days on web mail but what gives?

Anyone else have that problem?

I can get new mail, open existing messages, move around folders and SOME of the toolbar icons work - like the new junk mail icon - but nothing happens when I hit "Reply" or "New Mail". If it makes a difference, the very first time I tried to create new mail under 10.2 the app crashed. Now it doesn't crash but it also doesn't do anything.

I even went so far as to try a fresh install (which you can do pretty painlessly in 10.2) but I still have that problem. I'd appreciate any help...

I had a weird problem with Mail after I upgraded to Jag. I use IMAP, so I just quit Mail, moved ~/Library/Mail to ~/Library/Mail-10.1, and restarted Mail.

Everything worked ok after I recreated the IMAP accounts, then I copied Signatures.plist and MessageSorting.plist from the old Mail-10.1 to the freshly created Mail, and my signatures and rules were restored.

jpb

DUDE!!!

That's great, I REALLY appreciate that!

After importing my old mail it looks like I have a little re-arranging to do, but everything works now and nothing is lost!!!

Thanks again.

My 10.2 Mail works fine.

:mad:
Don't you just love it when people post reponses like that? Like, thanks a lot pal, and what will this information do for me? Sorry, but I had to vent about that.

Any way, I don't have too much more to offer, but if jpblocks fix doesn't work (sounds like he knows what he is doing though) and you want some files from a working 10.2 Mail system, let me know which ones you might want to try and I could send them to you? The application file is 15 MB and I don't have stuff it (only expander), but I could put it in on some web server space I have and you could download or ftp it?

To clarify, the directory you rename is in ~/Library, not Mail.app

Basically you're forcing Mail.app to recreate virgin preferences and download your IMAP mail again. This should fix any corruption.

jpb

Back