Messenger for Mac Crashing a lot (more than normal)

jasfa131

The Lone Deranger
After I installed Safari 3.0 beta, Microsoft Messenger for mac, crashes every 5-10 minutes. Is Safari the problem?
EDIT: Not to mention, Safari crashes much more now as well.

Ah, then it may not be my computer's fault, but MSN's fault. It happens when you close a chat window, right?

Try using a MSN alternative. I personally suggest Adium or aMSN. aMSN however gives more information then you want to know.

Does MSN and/or Safari crash while one of the two programs are open? Because MSN won't conflict with Safari if Safari is closed.

Funny, it does the same for me, but Safari is rock stable. I didn't pin it down to Safari 3 but it could be. Seems strange that Messenger would use WebKit but I guess it's possible.

OK so it does use WebKit to display the text in the conversation window. That makes sense because the saved conversations are just html files. So they just dynamically update it and display it with WebKit. I've noticed that clicking on links for receiving and opening files people are sending you doesn't work but you can use the key combination to accept the transfer.

Hopefully a new version of Safari will fix it or maybe it's Microsoft's problem.

Back