Microphone - OS X

jtbowden

Registered
Is anyone else having trouble getting their microphone to work on a Powerbook G3 Bronze Keyboard runnning OS X? With an unfortunate lack of recording support in the sound control panel, I have no way to test my microphone except with Speakable Items, and that does not work. I downloaded a third party recording program, but when it looked for input possibilities on my computer it came back with a lot of stuff that didn't make sense. Does OS X currently support built-in mics?

I know you're probably going to hate me for the false hope I'm giving you of posting a reply, but here's what I know...
Mac OS X supports the built-in microphone in my PowerBook G4. I can play Chess using speech recognition and record sounds using a Sound Studio demo. So it IS possible...

btw, I'm disappointed that my iMic adapter is not working well with Mac OS X, but that's another story... :-(

Originally posted by adambyte
I know you're probably going to hate me for the false hope I'm giving you of posting a reply, but here's what I know...

:D LOL...

I know exactly what you mean... Sometimes, I don't even want to post w/o a good reply because I don't want to get the other guy's hope up my replys.. LMAO..

kafene.

BTW jtbowden, are you using an Apple mic or an off-the shelf mic?

when i had to change my eMacs screen the mac-shop forgot to plug in the internal mic before they closed the thing up and sent it back to me. Ok, i thought, wasnt using it anyway and i didnt want to lose my computer for another two weeks at repair. but then came iChat AV :) i tried to plug in an external mic that i got ages ago (a little puck-mic) with a quadra or something like it but it didnt work. Read in apple-help that apple didnt support that kid of mic-input anymore cuz they nowdays use a standard input that all PCs use so that mac-users will be able to buy cheap PC-mics. I wonder if i can get a discount on an iSight instead of making them connect my inernal mic again ;)

Back