Microsoft Entourage 2004 malfunction

Bigjohnnybob

Registered
I am having terrible trouble with Entourage and so far it has cost me seven hours of support from an IT colleague, as well as my internet service provider (now established as definitely not their fault).

What I required is terribly simple but is proving impossible to achieve.

I simply wanted to add my business email address (set up with the free facility offered by my Yahoo domain) to my POP account settings. Although this email address is fully functioning on my server and is delivering mail to Entourage along with my existing address, it has proved completely impossible (in spite of several hours in which my IT colleague tried every possible configuration in the POP accounts box) to send mail from my new address. I have had to remove the new account entirely from Entourage because one of two things would always happen:

EITHER (very scarily) I would suddenly start getting duplicate emails into my inbox, from whichever account, and my emails would not appear on my server at all,

OR the email receiving would revert to normal on both server and Entourage BUT refuse to send from the business address without prompting for the Password, and then it would still not send.

As I say, we have been over every possible setting in the Domain hoster and service provider as well as Entourage but nothing we do makes any difference. I have to be able to send emails from my new business address! I am not capable of undertaking complex IT adjustments unless someone can guide me through it in person and knows what to do if things still don't turn out.

Any help extremely gratefully received!

Entourage 2004 for Mac Version 11.4.0 (080122)

Back