Microsoft Entourage and Handspring/Palm OS Support

jotto4

Registered
Hey all. I am looking forward to Saturday's release of OSX.1. In preparation for my inevitable purchase of X.1, I have ordered more RAM and was about to order the Microsoft Word/Entourage deal from MacMall for $119, knowing I can upgrade for another $149 to the full version of Office X for Mac.

Here's my question. Will Entourage X support syncing with the Palm OS? I have a Handspring Visor Deluxe that doesn't leave my side (visorphone and all) I must have the ability to sync with my Mac at home (soon to have OSX.1 and office X when available in Nov) and my PC at work. The Visor is the link between the 2 and keeps me organized.

I went to the Mactopia site at Microsoft's website. They wanted to charge me $35 to ask this same question. Can anyone help me out FOC (free of charge)?

Here is what the help section of entourage beta gives on palm

"The Microsoft Entourage conduit is not included in Microsoft Office X. However, files for directly synchronizing Entourage with a handheld will be posted on the Mactopia Web site as soon as they are available. For information and updates, visit http://www.microsoft.com/mac.
If you want to move information from a Palm handheld to Entourage, you can first synchronize the handheld with Palm Desktop and then import the data from Palm Desktop to Entourage. To import the information from Palm Desktop to Entourage, click Import on the File menu, and then follow the instructions in the Import Assistant."

Thanks! I thought there was absolutely no way to get Palm info into entourage at all. Since Microsoft has finally brought all of Outlook 2000's best features to the Mac, I will now be fully sync-ed between home and work. Now Palm needs to get off their fannies and get their conduit set up so you can do a direct sync to Entourage and skip the import process.

Thanks again.

Back