Microsoft take hostages...

octane

I have issues, OK!
Now this is funny!

The syndrome is most common to people who have been held captive for a length of time. During and after this period it is common for the abductee /sufferer to establish a bond with their abductor .. bizarre! You just couldn't make this up if you tried!

Article from Mac Slash:

Ian adams writes "According to this article, those who vehemently and illogically defend Windows against the Macintosh may be suffering from a mental illness known as 'Stockholm Syndrome'."

I've always suspected this. It's nice to see some scientific research to back it up.

Oh, but the if the same couldn't be said for us. I pose a question: Do we, as Mac Fanatics, suffer from the same illnesses?

Discuss.

kalantna said:
Oh, but the if the same couldn't be said for us. I pose a question: Do we, as Mac Fanatics, suffer from the same illnesses?

Discuss.

How do you work that one out?

How are we held captive by OS X when things just work they way they should?

If we are indeed prisoners, then it's a term of incarceration I've grown quite fond of...

kalantna said:

Discuss.

No because Stockholm syndrome is about identifying with someone who abuses you. While M$ clearly abuse their users, i don't think thats true of Apple, instead they make me feel happy! :D.

I'd say using Apples is a cult (though a dam good one) while being a windoze user does bear some startling relation to being held up by a man with a gun, having explosives strapped to you and being held hostage for 131 hours (see lnoelstorr's link above), at least when you're formatting/reinstalling for the hundredth time at 4 in the morning cos M$ were to lazy to write their code properly.

The other day, my roommate said that Apple was going to be bought out by Micro$oft in the next couple years. I was like, "Dude, you've got a disease if you think that will ever happen!"

kalantna said:

Discuss.

Nice try! :rolleyes: I'll give you that! :)

But the joke still is on the Dark Side! :D

::ha:: ::ha:: ::ha:: ::ha::

Mu ah ah hahahahaha

;)

This was my Windows friend's response to me after I sent him the article:

-----------------------------

Well ... heheheh ... ya know you could easily flip it so that it would apply to Mac users, (who fear life without their Macs).

Also, keep in mind it is always Mac users who are trying to sing the praises of their machines (and try to convert Windows users) to help re-enforce their insecurities about owning a Mac. Kind of like "nerds" who insist they are better than the cool kids. They think if they wear geeky clothes (round bubbly shaped cpu boxes) it will stand them apart from the cool kids and somehow make them feel superior.

However, as in all movies where the geeks get even with the cool kids they become the cool kids themselves (which is really what they wish for). So then of course they ain't so cool anymore. Let's face it; if Macs had the volume of users and hardware to support as does Windows they too would have as many problems.

Heheeheh ... take that ... I have a computer (not a Mac, not a Windows,
but a computer) that can burn DVD's/cd's, and has massive hard drive
space, all for less than a grand. Sure it ain't new, but you show me a Mac that has the same speed, capability and features for the same price and I will consider the switch.

Let's do J later ... you can hang with the cool kids (but we have to sit in the back).

--------------------------------

Don't shoot me I'm just the messenger....... but I found his response interesting!

slo

Interesting? Interesting you say? Nah! The following however might be (which is a greek saying btw):
Those things that the fox cannot reach, it starts calling them pegs! :rolleyes:

Stockholm syndrome is a way of life

...if I was on any of your buddy lists on iChat then you'd understand why I just said that.

Back