Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 on Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard

Unrach

Registered
Hi everyone =D

Im new to the forums and Im about to buy a MacBook Pro in a few days, but I was wonderings if there is a way to run "Microsoft Visual Studio 2005" on that Mac. I need it for school. Im so sick of all the microsoft products and stuff so thats why Im buying a Mac. But I will still need that stupid "Microsoft Visual Studio 2005"

I found this website: mono-project.com
But Im not sure if that is something good..

And some last question is; when I install a heavy application on my PC like "Microsoft Visual Studio 2005". My PC will slow down allot and when I uninstall this application my PC will still go a bit slower.
Does mac exualy also have that problem? I gues not but I'd like to be sure.

Thanks allot anywayz!

Cheers, Jordy aka Unrach.

Using Boot Camp you can boot the MacBook into Windows and run it that way. Alternatively you can install Parallels or Fusion and then install a Windows virtual machine and then install Visual Studio and run it that way. I have managed to do this very successfully, running Windows XP, Vista and 2003 server inside virtual machines on a Mac!

VMWare or Parallels is perfect. You should have at least 2GB of RAM because you will be running 2 operating systems. I did all my VS stuff in Parallels last year and I had no reason to have a real Windows computer. I made a 10GB virtual disk which is enough to install VS with only one or two languages. Don't install everything you don't need like J# or ASP if you don't need it because it takes up space for no reason.

Hi everyone =D

Im new to the forums and Im about to buy a MacBook Pro in a few days, but I was wonderings if there is a way to run "Microsoft Visual Studio 2005" on that Mac. I need it for school. Im so sick of all the microsoft products and stuff so thats why Im buying a Mac. But I will still need that stupid "Microsoft Visual Studio 2005"

I found this website: mono-project.com
But Im not sure if that is something good..

And some last question is; when I install a heavy application on my PC like "Microsoft Visual Studio 2005". My PC will slow down allot and when I uninstall this application my PC will still go a bit slower.
Does mac exualy also have that problem? I gues not but I'd like to be sure.

Thanks allot anywayz!

Cheers, Jordy aka Unrach.
Dear Unrach,

I'm having the same situation like yours. Well, what I do is I installed Windows XP SP2 on my MBP via bootcamp tool. then, I installed Visual Studio 2005. When you wanna use it, just boot Windows XP by pressing and hold "option" button at the startup.

Hope this solve up your problem!

Peace & Good Karma,
Smokey Way

Back