MIDI in solution?

kermit64

Registered
i've been looking around for a way to get midi into my mac. I knew that SoundBlaster Live came out for mac a while ago, but i can't find anything current about that. There is card from M-Audio that's about 150$ that has MIDI in and will do what i need.

Who knows how i can get a cheap MIDI in thing for my computer. I just got a keyboard/MIDI controller and i want to play.

thanks,
ryan

Try the Edirol site.
I use their UM-4 interface , and it works fine for me. I don't know if they make this model any more, but like I said, I'm not sure.
For what you are trying to do, the UM-2, UM-1 UM-1S would work fine. All of these are USB, and execpt for the UM-1, all need MIDI Cables to connect to other MIDI devices.
If you are looking for an internal card, then I'm afraid I can't help...

I have a USB MIDI interface which works quite well. It's the MIDIman MIDISport USB 2x2 MIDI interface....of course, MIDIMan is now M-Audio, and I think they have an updated version of the one I have. Check it out here.

I don't see why you would need a card just for MIDI in if you are sequencing...USB has enough throughput for MIDI's 31.25 kbps. :D

Back