Migrate Email From Mac Os X Server 10.2 to Server 10.4

jwhite_tuhs

Registered
I've got a mail server running 10.2 server and I'm trying to move the mail to a new server on a different machine running 10.4 server. There is a migrate tool but it doesnt register any accounts can you help me with this?

jwhite_tuhs said:
I've got a mail server running 10.2 server and I'm trying to move the mail to a new server on a different machine running 10.4 server. There is a migrate tool but it doesnt register any accounts can you help me with this?

If you refer to the maintenance function for mail under server admin, i could not get it to work either.

Either try to change the owner of the map /var/spool/imap (and /var/imap) to cyrusimap (used to be cyrus).

After some time playing around i create the following script, which i run through the terminal and made all the mails from my 10.3.9 server available on 10.4.1. server.

To use it is easy/ Simply copy the text below, open a terminal window and paste. If you are not logged in as su, after password entry, paste again. The mails (have backup for safe keeping). You mails must be in the map /var/spool/imap (in the map users).

su root
mv /var/imap /var/imap.old
mkdir /var/imap
/usr/bin/cyrus/tools/mkimap
chown -R cyrusimap:mail /var/imap
chown -R cyrusimap:mail /var/spool/imap
sudo -u cyrusimap /usr/bin/cyrus/bin/reconstruct -i
sudo -u cyrusimap /usr/bin/cyrus/bin/cyrus-quota -f

Good luck, kees

Back