migration mail from exchange 2000 to mac server

onefilip

Registered
hello.
I have 1 problem.
I want migration all mail box from my exchange 2000 server to my mac server.
it is possible? and How is it to do?
thanks
fil

I can check to see if there's anything to assist in that with just OS X Mail Server usage, but I do know that Kerio includes a feature in its application to migrate Exchange to the Kerio mail server on OS X.

onefilip said:
hello.
I have 1 problem.
I want migration all mail box from my exchange 2000 server to my mac server.
it is possible? and How is it to do?
thanks
fil

I do not know what kind of files you have on the exchange server. I have transferred mail from os x 10.3.4 to 10.4.1 and have a script for it (expects things like mbox files). I can give you that script (specify the version) and i can mail them to you on monday.

Hear from you, Kees

Migration of an email server from Panther to Tiger is *very* different than migrating from Exchange 2000 to Tiger. Very! :)

What's your reasoning for migrating?

Go3iverson said:
Migration of an email server from Panther to Tiger is *very* different than migrating from Exchange 2000 to Tiger. Very! :)

What's your reasoning for migrating?

I had one server doing all the stuff. I had a problem after an upgrade from apple (to 10.3.9). Afterwards i move the mailserver to a macmini, but finally took the decision to add a xserve g5. But because harddrives are quite expensive, i moved the mailserver (all internet stuff actually) to the xserve and kept the powermac g5 for fileserver.

As i had problems getting my mail transfered, after some time a created the script to take care of it. Simple script but if you don't have, you have a lot of problems getting the mail to another server.

Kees

Kees -

Sure, moving between Panther and Tiger isn't an issue. I've ripped out mail stores from Panther and dumped them into a fresh Tiger Server install and got that back up and running. What he's asking about is taking a Microsoft Exchange 2000 mail server and migrating it to Tiger. Panther and Tiger used fairly much the same background tools and formats, while Exchange does not. :)

Back