Mini Mac Screen Resolution

kev13

Registered
I have a mini mac which I use as an FTP server running OSX 10.3
There is absolutely no problem with the server and its function but there is a problem with my resolution

I have connected the mini mac to 3 different CRT monitors which I own but unfortunately I can only get 640x480 screen resolution in the display list and now to crown it all I have lost my thousand's of colours and it only displays in 256 (if you can call it display)s the screen now looks more like hieroglyphics

I am unable to update OSX as the buttons fall off the screen, can you please advise me how I can get my colours back and a decent resolution to come up in my Display List at least 1024x768

NB I have only got VGA? connection monitors so I have to use my adapter (white thing) but this works with my other macs

WHAT IS GOING ON Please HELP!!!!!

1 Very desperate Mini Mac Owner

Try shutting off the Mac mini and the monitor and only turn on the Mac. Wait until it finishes booting up (you can tell from the HD thrashing sounds) and then turn the monitor on. This worked for me when Tiger was installed on a G4 and connected to another monitor it didn't support. I was then able to get all the resolutions necessary.

Back