Mirror Agent freezing

andrewhicks

Registered
Hi,

I am having a problem with my system (10.4.4) on a powerbook. For some reason the mirror agent appears to freeze (I have turned off automatic sync, but it is still doing this manually) and then internet access is being blocked, and safari stops responding.

There are a couple of other minor problems, but if you have advice for the mirror agent freezing first we can deal with the others afterwards.

Thanks,
Andrew

I have the same problem at shutdown - "Mirror Agent failed to quit". Although I notice that it only seems to happen if I stay on the computer after midnight. Is it a time related problem as in "time of day" or a "time connected" problem? Or neither?

And I have iDisk on manual synching too.

iDisk used to be on auto sync. I wonder if something has been left behind when I turned it off.

I have has this problem from time to time as well. I have iDisk set to auto sync and go between two different networks, home & work. iDisk will work fine for months and then suddenly it acts up and starts hanging at quit (with the "Mirror Agent failed to quit" message). Normally I just turn off iDisk sync, delete the local copy .dmg file it creates and then re-enable the whole thing from my home network and let everything sync back up. I am sure that there is just some small file or preference that has gotten out of whack, yes that is a technical term :) But I have never taken the time to trouble shoot it.

Other times I have had such issues with iDisk that I renamed the mirroragent.app to keep it from loading at startup and causing me issues when I connect to my work network. But I haven't had to do that in a while.

Back