miss my old calculator

suz_3803

Registered
hi....................

i recently upgraded to panther, then realized i liked the old calculator better

(the one from 10.2.1). is there any way to get it back? please help!!

thanks

suz_3803 said:
hi....................

i recently upgraded to panther, then realized i liked the old calculator better

(the one from 10.2.1). is there any way to get it back? please help!!

thanks

The calculator from 10.2 works just fine under 10.3. If you have access to a machine with 10.2.x installed, just copy the Calculator app to your 10.3 machine over the network and it should work just fine. If not, you can extract it from your 10.2 installation CDs using Pacifist (available at VersionTracker or MacUpdate). I switched back to the 10.2 calculator a few days after installing 10.3 and I've never had any problems.

I like the 10.2 calculator better, too, primarily because you can hit the green button and minimize it to just the results view. I leave it open all of the time and it takes up a very minimal amount of screen real estate. You can't do that with the 10.3 calculator.

What did they actually change for the better then? I don't think the interface is as nice on the 10.3 version either.

thanks for the advice... you rule!

yeah, i really hated the new version - they took away the "show paper tape" button and the results only view, and they made it so big and goofy like those huge keypad telephones. this isn't romper room for pete's sake.

thanks again!

I haven't used 10.3's Calculator in so long, I've forgotten most of the new features. The one that I do remember is hex/dec/octal/binary conversions, which are useful if you're a programmer. I'd rather use 10.2's Calculator and use DOH for my hex/dec conversions on the rare occasion that I need them.

Back