Missing System Disk needed to re instalp

rtuley1

Registered
Hello,
I have an Imac 5,1 2.16 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo running Mac OS X version 10.4.11, and am fairly new to Mac. I made the cardinal sin of not leaving all of the pc world behind me when I made the switch to Mac, and one day after examining my software, I noticed what appeared to be an excessive amount of folders containing only 1 or 2 photos apiece, scattered throughout the system. I got the bright idea to "tidy up " a bit so I created a folder where I could easily find it, and moved the single pix there and then deleted the original folders. My mistake was soon obvious, when the slideshows I had created in Iphoto would not work and some pictures were missing. My problem is this: I bought the computer used and it came with nothing but the main unit , the mouse, and keyboard. I found a fix to the Iphoto problem, but it requires the original system disk which I do not have. I do however have a factory Mac OS X Tiger disc from an old powermac G3 I have. I was wondering if that disc would work to reinstall Iphoto?If so, are there any special instructions to get it to work? And lastly, if it doesn't work what are my next best options? Thank you and best regards, Ray Tuley

Reinstalling iPhoto would not fix that.
iPhoto itself sounds like it is working .... just the photos and files and folders were moved around a bit too much.
Did you make a backup before moving and deleting these files?

Back