Mission Statement

BBenve

Apple seeder
Can someone tell me where to find Apple Mission statement?? i can't seem to find it on the site...thanks

nd if i can express my 2 cents.. guys stop changing the coloscheme of the site :) ....consistency????? he he ...even if i think is cool to change... i think....it is better to settle down with one scheme...it is less confusing :)

Andy

It's like a guide, each american company has one I think. They have points that they adhere to (supposedly) like for example one point on a mission statement might be "To provide the most high quality service possible"

Once at work (Xerox Corp.) I was *mistakenly* asked to a mucky-muck strategy meeting. (It was obvious that I was not supposed to be there because I was the only non-VP in the room.)

Anyhow, they were working on a mission statement for the division....

It took over 15 hours for them to agree on a vague 9 word statement... Personally I think that the hot air from all the VPs must contain trace amounts of a substance capable of warping the time-space continuum because those 15 hours sure seemed like an etternity to me... :D

Originally posted by BBenve
Can someone tell me where to find Apple Mission statement?? i can't seem to find it on the site...thanks

I think Apple's mission station is to make a dent in the universe.:p

universities and other higher education institutions have them too. as do some small groups of various sorts. city and local govts. adopt them. the idea is to give some sort of unifying theme to the goal. I know one accreditation committee visiting our school used ours as a guideline to evaluate the program? (can you at least do what you say you do?) mostly they just look good printed on paper or splashed on a web screen with a faded logo behind them. they are very flexible and can be changed. I wonder how many different versions apple has had.

so Javintosh, does that make you a 'missionary'?:D

Ak, is your example from M$'s mission statement or their false advertising department?

actually, how hard did you look BBenve? I went to apple.com and did a search for 'mission statement'. I got back 5 pages of 50 links to related articles. I found this, "Apple is now recommitted to its original mission - to bring the best personal computing products and support to students, educators, designers, scientists, engineers, businesspersons and consumers in over 140 countries around the world", tucked in a 1998 finanicial report along with a link to the pr dept. who i am sure would be glad to supply you with a real full blown piece of propaganda. writing this took longer than finding that. I hope you are not planning to be an investigative journalist when you grow up. :D

Do you YAHOOOOOOOO?:cool:

I saw that sentence in a mission statement a while back in some place I worked. It's neither false. nor from M$ :p

i like jimr's mission statement. actually my mission statement is to always keep growing and to find work.

really BB, i don't mind doing your work for ya if your're too busy and i'm not. i just figured that anybody who got here should be able to use a simple site search engine and find what i did in about 10 mins or less. if you are new to computing and the web, then i sincerely aplogize. i will be glad to help you out again any time i can.

so where would you like that break, the wrist, the ankle or the fingers? if you pick the fingers, then you will have an excuse for not using search engines in future:D (just kidding, i'm really a very non-violent being) [insert peace symbol]

Back