"Mixing" vobs on a DVD

Mikuro

Crotchety UI Nitpicker
I've been doing a lot of video work these past couple days, and it turns out that two DVD projects I've completed can actually fit on one disc, which is great. The problem is that I don't know how to "mix" the contents of my two VIDEO_TS folders so they can play as one DVD. I also need to be able to set a chapter point to the beginning of the second part (I'm not bothering with menus, at least for now).

I've searched all the standard places (VT, MU, here, etc.), but I've come up empty.

I would really like to avoid re-encoding all my material, as that would take the better part of a day. I'm not sure how I'd go about it even if I were to re-encode with ffmpegX.

Any advice?

I found a decent solution: Sizzle.

Using that, I can create DVDs with multiple titles, and menus to choose between them. I give it the .mpg files ffmpegX makes, and it works well enough, although the menus it makes are awfully hackish. And it requires about 3x the size of the DVD to be free on your disk, which took a little doing. But it works, and that's what matters.

I'd still be interested in any other solutions, though.

Back