mkisofs and cdrecord

JakPuma

12 year old arcade freak
Has anyone got mkisofs and cdrecord to work? I really need this so i can burn CDs for my Sega Dreamcast HKT-3020, as they use a special cd layout that MacOS builtin cd burning cant do (6sec audio track and then a CD-XA track with the boot data). If it works, can someone post the binaries, and tell me what device the combo drive is gunna be on it (its not /dev/disk1 its some special thing).

You might be able to burn this with hdiutil. The man page says that /dev/rdisk entries can be treated as raw images, so you might be able to make an image from the dreamcast CD in the drive, and then burn from the image.

There are some examples at the bottom of the manpage that look promising.

Actually, a Dreamcast uses a special 1.2gb format on games, but it can boot from CD-R. I wasn't trying to copy a game, I wanted to burn the stuff lots of people have wrotten for it.

That sounds interesting. What sort of things have people written?

Anyway, hdiutil might still be your best bet - pop in the CD, make an image straight from the /dev/rdiskX entry, then burn from the image.

I hope it works out.

Linux and NetBSD have been ported to Dreamcast, and lots of people have made stuff like Genesis emulators. I really want to burn DCSI, a Space Invaders emulator. Also the 1.2gb GD-ROM format makes it impossible to copy games like the 2 disc RPG epic Skies of Arcadia (which i got today).

Back