mobile + Bluetooth = remote-control mac...

Yep. Very, very old news. Please, if 'announcing' something new like that, at least mention the small changes in the latest release, like adding support for Series 60 phones.

fryke said:
Yep. Very, very old news. Please, if 'announcing' something new like that, at least mention the small changes in the latest release, like adding support for Series 60 phones.

You just did it.

Besides, people read the article, they take what they want from it.

I'm not about to start sub-editing news articles just to make you happy.

As I've said countless times before, what may be old news to you may well be new news to someone else.

Given that there _was_ something new about what I was 'announcing', just how does it suddenly become old?

Hmm .. odd that one, isn't it?..

a quote from the article in ur post would be a good start :) thats why whe have them!!!

and btw. octane. u should start thinking over What u post (or the way u post it ) especially when replyin to a mod :)

soulseek said:
What u post (or the way u post it ) especially when replyin to a mod :)

Why?

Are moderators some kind of demi-gods?

If they're wrong, I tell them so. Just like I would anyone else.

We're not back at school, people...

If only our social interaction skills could keep up with technology, think what humans could accomplish.

Octane, it's really quite easy. Yes we are demi-gods. We 'moderate'. We - and lately other users, too - have been telling you to read the board's rules, not to post no-news if it's, as you've put it, a "slow news day" etc. If you don't seem to get what moderating a forum means, you can take the religious model if you want to (you've brought that one up). You're one of the 'humans', I'm one of the 'demi-gods', EdX and ScottW are the 'gods'. However, we like to talk of our members as members, of moderators as mods, of super-moderators as super-mods and of administrators as admins.

I find that kind of statement not only patronizing, but dismissive. This kind of response has become a bit of theme, lately.

In addition to the above, it's totally contradictory. On the grand scheme of things, does it _really_ matter if it was old news? Which it clearly isn't if something has changed which _was_ newsworthy for some.

So the only the real point was just that I hadn't copied in what might have ever-so-slightly pertinent.

What would you have me do?

Let's get one thing utterly clear: no one talks down to me, it's that simple.

If you feel that you might have reacted differently, then I can only imagine that your power to suspend your dignity is far greater than mine.

That really is as much as can be said in the matter...

Originally Posted by fryke

Octane

No one is talking down to you. You were asked to do something nicely by a Moderator.

Now, with AppleScript support, which has been in Salling Clicker since the says of being named Sony-Ericsson Clicker, it's possible to do stuff like that. Phone goes outside range, Mac starts screensaver with password and turns off music. Phone comes back, Mac types in the password, stops screensaver and starts music.
This is UNMATCHED by any software on any platform. That's right, out of all the "remote-control your computer with your cellphone" programs, Salling Clicker is the only one using AppleScript, making it the most customizable, most useful program of them all...only for Mac...

Stuff like this makes me proud...

Series 60 support? Yay! Now my SX1 might have something to do...

Back