MobileMe Mail filtering on iPad 2

pensfan

Registered
I'm asking this question for my wife, who has created quite a few mailboxes and filters messages to the various boxes.

She's having an issue on iPad (and now in iPad 2) that she doesn't like. I'll send her an email and she has that set to filter to a box called Family. But it doesn't go there until she actually taps on the mailbox itself. This wouldn't be a problem if she only had a handful of mailboxes, but she has a fairly significant number.

As a result, she often doesn't see messages in a timely manner. Is this the correct behavior or should the messages filter right away and update the number of unread messages in each box?

Thanks,
Kevin

Though inconvenient, this is the current behavior. Whether filters are set on the MobileMe server or in Mail.app on a Mac, they filter Mail immediately. However, mobile users won't see that the messages have arrived until they browse to the destination folder. The Inboxes are the only mailboxes that currently support background loading. Please send feedback to Apple requesting the desired behavior in the next version of iOS. I plan to do the same.

Back