ModBook!

They first have to sell one or two... hundred thousand. I think Apple thinks there really isn't a market - and I do think they're right.

I think there would be a huge market if the device were to feature Multi-Touch, like the iPhone. But as the ModBook now stands, it is kinda disappointing. Be interesting to see if it could be modified through either firmware or software to support MT, though. Otherwise, I'd have to agree with Fryke.

Well, of course there _are_ niches for tablets. Medical stuff and car repair centers etc. ... But you'd need software to go with it.

It would be nice for one part of my life -art- and horrible for all the rest. The input methods just wouldn't be fast enough to be practical in the real-world of story writing and the rest of my life.

Oh, and lugging a keyboard to Starbucks isn't exactly my cup of tea.

Not quite the same thing, though, seeing how the iPhone would be a _heavily_ crippled Mac, if you look at it from that point of view.

boy they would be mighty annoyed if Apple came out with a touch-screen Mac at the next special event like some are predicting. And even if they don't, I think most people who might have considered buying a ModBook would perhaps be getting an iPhone instead.

I notice btw, that he appeared to be having a lot of trouble using the pen. He had to press multiple times to press the button in the Photo Booth demo, and seemed to have problems with drop-down menus.

Back