Modified Google search plugin in Mac Firefox

Curiosity

Registered
I modified the Google Classic search plugin from the Mycroft site to give 100 results per page instead of 10. This was working on Mac Firefox as well as Windows Firefox until recently. I noticed just now that I am getting only 10 results per page with the Mac, but still 100 with Windows. Why would that be? I modified the plugin with the Mac and then transferred it to the Windows PC, so it is the same plugin with the same modified code on both. Why is that not working any more on Mac OS?

I just tried the Google Canada search plugin from Mycroft with the modification, and it gives me 100 results. I edited the Google Classic plugin to have the same format as the Canadian one except for the hostname, and it still gave only 10 results. Now I am even more confused.

I would go to google.com with Firefox on your Mac (don't use the plugin) and click settings on that page (top right). In the settings change sites per page to 100.

Then try your plugin again. I don't have that plugin, so this is a hunch.

Good luck!
Bot

I would have to let Google set cookies for that to work. I am not willing to do that. The special modification to the code for the search plugin gives me more results per page without allowing any cookies. Why would one search plugin with the hostname www.google.ca still give me 100 hits while the one with the hostname www.google.com gives only 10 hits, but ONLY ON THE MAC, NOT WITH WINDOWS?

Back