Modifying the Menu Bar size?

ShadowTech

Registered
Hey.

I was thinking, would it be at all possible to make the menu bar on my ibook smaller in size? Obviously there is no built-in option, but do any of you know if there is a "hack" out there, or maybe a theme that specifically does that.

Since the current iBooks only go up to 1024x768 it tends to look kind of ovesized, especially if you're used to using anything of a higher res.

Thanks in advance.

There is a hack of sorts (but it's imperfect, and unsupported by Apple):

Open Quartz Debug (which is installed with the Developers' Tools) and turn on Quartz 2D Extreme. Set the resolution to whatever suits and open an application to test it out. Then force-quit Quartz Debug to stop it from reverting back to normal.

This, however, changes the resolution for all interface elements, not just the menubar... Maybe that's what you want, though. I personally rather have everything run as intended.

Hey guys, thanks.
I think the Quartz thing might be what I want, I'm gonna check it out after I finish my university exams.

Possibly check it out on the Cube I'm intending on getting before I mess around with it on my iBook. ;) Thanks!

bobw: it's not really a "hint" yet on hiding the menu-bar. rather, it's a link to an application which hides the menubar for, well, this very application that you don't want to use, anyway..., i.e.: It's a UI demo. Nothing for end-users.

Back