Money for iPod users.

Reality

Registered
Not to big of news or anything but I seen this on my local news channel. So I thought I share it.

Apple offers 50 dollar credit for iPod battery problems.

People who were the first to get on the iPod bandwagon are set to get 50-dollar coupons and extended service warranties from Apple.

The perks are included in a tentative settlement of a class-action lawsuit over the iPod's rechargeable battery. Consumers who sued said early versions of the digital music player didn't live up to claims that its rechargeable battery would last the product's lifetime and play up to ten hours of music. They said it would last only about four hours and complained they had to buy replacements after a year and a-half at 99 dollars a pop.

Lawyers say the settlement could affect as many as two million people who bought versions of iPod through May 2004.

http://fox19.com/Global/story.asp?S=3427197

I got a letter yesterday in the mail, Superior Court of the State of California, County of San Mateo. It is addressed to "All persons or entities residing in the United States who purchased or obtained a new first, second or third generation iPod on or before May 31, 2004.

Luckily I still have my Circuit City receipt and I bought mine on 01-03-04.

Yeah, i got mine today but i have 2 problems

1: I don't have my receipt
2: my iPod was stolen 5 months ago :-(

Back