Monster iCarPlay Wireless FM Transmitter for iPods

andrefrancis2

Registered
I require to play an ipod on my in-car cd player/radio.

Does anyone know about this product? It is advertised on the US Apple store - but not on the UK one. :(

Will it work OK in the UK?

I believe those products are illegal in the UK so you'd need to get a transmitter elsewhere and take it in yourself (I'd be surprised if a company would ship).
That said, I've not heard of this particular one. I do have the Monster iSplitter and it works great and is of quality build.
I think iTrip works best of the three I've tried (SoundFeeder, iRock and iTrip) but a cassette adaptor may be good if you have a tape deck. Lots of FM transmitters can be difficult to find a good clear open frequency during a commute.
And I'm not sure, but don't Gen 3 iPods have a stereo out connection? Could this be plugged into a car stereo>

Thanks Randman .....

..... but the wireless way is the only way for me I think, since my Volvo (S60) has no visible means of plugging anything in to the sound system. The system consists of a 4 CD and radio ... and that's it. I was considering buying an ipod as a means of transporting my thousands of mp3s around and, in particular, playing them in the car

The Monster iCarPlay (found via ipod accessories at Apple.com) describes its operation so:

"... Plug the iCarPlay Wireless charger end into the 12v outlet (cigarette lighter) in your car and plug the other end into the dock connector on the bottom of your iPod. Select an FM station on the iCarPlay Wireless, and find the same station on your car stereo; pick your favorite song on your iPod and you're ready to roll ..."

Any other ideas ... ? :(

Take a holiday to a country where the transmitters can be purchased legally (or have a mate bring one over to you).

Back