More Printer problems

xris

Registered
I have an imac G5
running OS X 10.4.5
as well as Classic
and an Epson Stylus Photo RX510 connected via USB

Until a few weeks ago I've been unable to scan or print anything
These problems began shortly after a recent OS X10.4.5 re-install and I've been getting the following ERROR messages as soon as the computer is switched on.
...The scanner you selected is different from the one connected. Select the correct scanner.... hit OK

and I get

...Unable to access the scanner because it is not ready or another application is using it...
...Please make sure that the scanner is on and connected to your computer, or close all scanning applications.... OK

This is weird because no other printer/scanner is connected or selected, nor is there any other scanning application running.

I've trashed and reloaded the Epson SW and I've downloaded and installed the most recent drivers/updates found on the Epson downloads/troubleshooting web page, ALL TO NO SUCCESS. Each time I do it, and whenever the computer is switched on I get the above error messages and of course I can't print or scan anything!
and yes, this would have to happen soon after the warranty ran out?

can anybody help?

I know what you are going through, I had the same problem with my Epson all in one CX5400 other than the printing problem. I could always print with mine but lost the scanning capabilities when I installed Panther. It was a long while for Epson to update the drivers. Then I installed Tiger and same thing scanner wouldn't work. I talked with Epson (through email) and never got a straight answer. To this day there is still no driver update to my printer driver and I'm not sure that they have made a Tiger upgrade for any slightly older printer or plan on doing so. I had the Panther problem shortly after I bought the printer. It's not you, it's Epson. They don't plan on updating it either. I will never buy another Epson product again. Anyway, I had to purchase Vuscan and it works great, fixed all of my scanner problems. You can find it at this link http://www.hamrick.com/ or just do a search on Vuscan. As for the printing side of it, as I said earlier I never lost my ability to print but did you try running the printer set up utility again ? Maybe that would help. I hope this helps you a little, Epson is no help and there support is worthless. Good luck.

Back