More Symbols in Word 2008

Madanan

Registered
Hi dear forum,

I'm new here and new to mac (macbook pro), and have installed Word 2008 which works great, but bugs me a bit, because I am not used to have such a small choice of symbols in "Insert > Symbols". I work a lot with fonts from Slavic languages and almost all which I need the most are not listed as special characters in "Symbols". Now I've already discovered the wonderful "keyboard layout" function which actually does allow me to find all the desired fonts just by changing the language to Croatian e.g. Also I have found all the fonts I need in Word 2008 itself, under "object palette". But still - both ways I have to go "out" from the typing, look for the character and klick on it in order to get it "in" the text. On Windows I could just assign keyboard shortcuts and all was fine.

Of course in Word 2008 I still can assign them the usual way but it's useless since the fonts I need are not in the "Symbols". Also when I use the "object palette" there seem to be only one kind of fonts which do not correspond with the font I use ("book antiqua").

So, my question is:

Is there any way to get other fonts to be shown in the Symbols palette and how can I get all the letters (e.g. slavic diacritic fonts) in there in order to assign them a keyboard shortcut.

Or at least: is there a way to change the font in the "Object Palette" in Words 2008?

Thanks a lot if anyone can help me with this.

Back